The Tan Commandments
- Hair Removal must be done 24 hours before Spraytan application.
- Remove any traces of old tan by using a Tan Removal mitt. We can not ensure a smooth, even tan if we are tanning over old tan. It can wear off quicker and look patchy. A wet face cloth can also help to remove last weeks tan.
- Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells and give a smooth base for your tan.
- Shower to make sure your underarms are deodorant free, no moisturiser, perfume or makeup. Have clean fresh skin, avoid using any oil based products, as they can leaves traces on the skin that can cause streaking.
- Dress. Wear dark loose clothing after your application and ensure your arms are kept away from your body to prevent marks. Dependant on weather, we recommend either a loose dress/kaftan, no bra, a Bronzie or tracksuit pants with a loose ankle cuff and jumper. Ensure you bring an umbrella to your appointment if rain is forecast.
- Rinse. Try and keep bath and showers cool or luke warm as hot water can stimulate the tan to break up faster. Shower for 1-2 minutes, until all excess bronzer is removed.
- Moisturise. Twice a day to lock in hydration and help your tan to fade naturally. Keep skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Wash. Pat skin dry with your towel, rigorous drying will scrub off the tan and makes it go patchy.
- Avoid. Chlorine can strip the tan off the body and cause patchiness. Try and rinse off in fresh water after you swim in pools to minimise your tan fading.
- Book. Avoid disappointment and secure your spot for next time!